Call For Application: Wholesome Living 2022
Who: BA & MA Interaction Design students and MA students across all faculties at UZH
When: September 2022 – July 2023
Application deadline: Wednesday, 06 July 2022 ➔ apply here
Course language: English
Participation is free.
Contact ZHdK: Prof. Jürgen Späth
Contact UZH: Dr. Carol Alexandru
Innovate With Us!
Design new products and services for the future of wholesome living, while advancing with your study degree!
Together with the Cluster for Digital Innovation and the Digital Society Initiative (DSI) at the University of Zurich, we offer you a unique opportunity to work in a transdisciplinary setting across science, industry, business and the public.
The project accelerates digital innovation by providing an environment for students and practitioners to connect and collaborate on questions and challenges with societal relevance.
Design actionable solutions to enable people to achieve their long-term goals and live a more healthful life!
How to live a healthy and happy life has become a very relevant question in our interconnected and industrialized world. Many people feel anxious about the future and are looking for support in a digital world.
The project focuses on managing and exploring life-long data around physical and mental health, personal finances, retirement planning with a strong community support structure.
WHO CAN JOIN
- Interaction Designers (BA 5th and / or 6th semester, MA 2nd and / or 3rd semester) from ZHdK, who want to work on this project or write their Bachelor’s or Master's thesis or study project.
- Master students from all UZH faculties, who want to participate in a solution-building project or who want to write their Master’s thesis or study project.
EXPAND YOUR SKILLS
If you wish to not just write a thesis, but also walk away with newly acquired skills in entrepreneurship, leadership, marketing and fundraising, this project is a unique opportunity for you!
The University of Zurich provides a small budget and you will get project support from coaches, mentors and industry partners.
- Be part of a well-funded innovation project involving multiple industry partners.
- Team up with up to 10 other students from across different UZH faculties and ZHdK Interaction Designers and work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Work in an entrepreneurial setup, starting Mid September for 9-12 months.
- Expand your personal network and build relationships with potential future employers.
- Put your skills into action for a future-oriented project.
- Broaden your horizon and expand your knowledge.
- ZHdK Bachelor students: Gain 10 ECTS in the 5th semester, and in case of writing a Bachelor’s thesis on the topic further 4 ECTS at the end of 5th and additional 28 ECTS in the 6th semester.
- ZHdK Master students: Gain 4 ECTS in the 2nd semester, and in case of writing a Master's thesis on the topic further 4 ECTS at the end of 2th and additional 24 ECTS in the 3rd semester.
- UZH Master students: Gain up to 30 ECTS for your Master's thesis plus study project depending on the rules of your faculty.
Apply until Thursday, 30 June 2022!
Upload your CV and a Motivation letter.
- ZHdK BA & MA Interaction Designers: Please mention your desired study framework in your motivation letter (e.g. bachelor thesis, bachelor project, master thesis or master project).
- UZH Master Students: Please mention your desired study framework in your motivation letter (e.g. MSc/MA thesis or MSc/MA project) and the professor in your department/seminar, that you would like to work with).
- ZHdK: Your application will be forwarded to Prof. Jürgen Späth, who will interview and select the students, working on this project.
- UZH: We will contact your faculty and professor to discuss the ECTS credits you can gain for working on this Innovation Project. You will hear back from us within a few weeks and if selected you will be invited for an interview in July.
Partners will be announced soon.
Discussions are currently being held with interested partners from the healthcare (medical device), banking, insurance and nutrition sectors.